The Dubai Business School (DBS) offers Graduate programs with majors in various areas.
DBS offers Master’s degrees in:
- General MBA
- MBA in Finance & Accounting
- MBA in Leadership & Human Resources Management
- MBA in International business & Marketing
- MBA in Operations & Logistics Management
Why MBA at University of Dubai?
- International Accreditation from AACSB.
- Local Accreditation from CAA & KHDA.
- Courses are based on simulations and real case examples.
- Specialized MBA courses are aligned with international professional bodies & certificates.
- Very strong reputation among hiring companies
- All faculty members have work experience in their field of teaching
- Very unique curriculum which is updated with the current & forecasted situations
- CAA, Ministry of Education – UAE
The Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) is the Federal Government's Quality Assurance Agency charged with promoting educational excellence across diverse institutions of higher learning in the UAE. Through licensure of post-secondary educational institutions, and accreditation of individual programs, the Commission strives to assure high quality education, consistent with international standards. www.caa.ae.
- KHDA – Dubai, UAE
The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is responsible for the growth and quality of private education in Dubai. We support schools, universities, parents, students, educators, investors and government partners to create a high quality education sector focused on happiness and wellbeing. www.khda.gov.ae
- Internationally Accredited by AACSB – USA
AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business is a global, nonprofit membership organization of educational institutions, businesses, and other entities devoted to the advancement of management education. Established in 1916, AACSB International provides its members with a variety of products and services to assist them with the continuous improvement of their business programs and schools. www.aacsb.edu
- Specialized MBA Students may finish the program in 21 months (7 terms)
- General MBA Students may finish the program in 12 months (4 Terms)
- Students who will do elective courses instead of Internship/Work Based Project will do one extra Term
- All the classes are held twice a week (Sat 12 to 5 PM) & (Mon 4 to 9 PM)
- Each term is 9 weeks which covers two courses
Tuition Fee per course & Other Fees for Academic Year 2017-18
|A.1 MBA Program Tuition Fee ( Per 3 CH Course)||Local Students (AED)||International Students (USD)|
|Visiting (Short Term)||11,600||3,200|
|A.2 LLM Program Tuition Fee (per 3 CH Course)|
|Visiting (Short Term)||13,000||4,000|
|A.3 PhD (NEW) (discount is not applicable)|
|Visiting (Short Term)||18,700||5,100|
|A.4 Study Abroad Program (per 3 CH Course)||11,600||3,200|
|B. Miscellaneous Fees (Non refundable)||(AED)||(USD)|
|B.1||Application fee (MBA/LLM)||500||250|
|B.2||Admission and Registration Fees (includes Student ID card)||1,100||400|
|B.3||Application fee (PhD)||3,000||850|
|B.4||English Placement Test||300||-|
|B.5||Late Registration (Per Course) - except for PhD Program||500|
|B.6||Late Registration (Internship) - except for PhD Program||500|
|B.7||Challenge exam per course in Pre-MBA/Pre-LLM||2,000||See Notes|
|B.8||Replacement of a lost ID||100|
|B.9||Each Post Dated Check (Max 3 in each Term)||200|
|B.10||Returned check (maximum 2 chances)||750|
|B.11||Postponement of post-dated cheque||250|
|C. Miscellaneous Course Related Fees (Non refundable)||(AED)||(USD)|
|C.1||Application for Incomplete Final Exam||1,000||See Note 1|
|C.2||Application for Reviewing Final Exam Sheet||500|
|C.3||Issuance of Degree Certificate Fee (with MOE attestation)||350||220|
|C.4||Re-issuance of Degree Certificate||1,000||300|
|C.5||Attestation of True Copy Certificate||100|
|C.6||Graduation Fee*||2,500||See Notes|
|C.7||Technology Fee (once only at the time of enrollment)||700|
|The university reserves the right to increase tuition fees up to 10% per academic year when deemed necessary.|
|Given fees are net of all discounts.
10% additional discounts is applicable only on MBA tuition fee exclusively for UD Alumni.
A. Regular Admission Criteria
- Completion of a recognized baccalaureate degree in a discipline appropriate for the MBA degree. A Higher Diploma is not equivalent to a baccalaureate degree and does not qualify an applicant for admission to the MBA program.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its established equivalent.
- A minimum score in TOEFL (PBT 550 or iBT 79) or IELTS (Overall 6) or EmSAT (1400) obtained over the previous two years. Students who have provided the required English scores during their Bachelor’s degree studies do not need to provide additional English scores.
- Two years minimum work experience is required to apply for the specialized MBA Program.
B. Conditional Admission Criteria
- A student with a recognized baccalaureate degree in Business with a cumulative GPA average of a minimum 2.25 up to 3.00 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent, and who meets the English language competency requirements for regular admission as stated in “Part A” above, may be admitted conditionally to the MBA program. Such a student must meet the following requirements during the period of conditional admission or be subject to dismissal:
- He/she may take no more than six credit hours during the first term of study
- He/she must achieve an overall GPA of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent, in the first nine credit hours of credit-bearing courses studied in the MBA program.
C. Requirements for Non-Business Applicants
A student who holds a non-business degree with a cumulative GPA average of a minimum 2.25 on a 4.0 scale will have to undertake Pre-MBA courses as shown in the below table before being considered for formal admission to the MBA program.
If the student have taken any of the below courses during their bachelor studies, he/she may get exemption from it.
Accepted applicants who need to take any of the required Pre-MBA courses before joining the MBA program may opt for taking a challenge exam rather than registering for a course. A non-refundable fee of AED 2,000 for each Pre-MBA course challenge exam will be charged.
The Pre-MBA Term consists of 6 weeks + 1 week for examinations.
Pre-MBA Foundation Courses (For Non-Business Applicants)
|Course Code||Course Title|
|PMBA 500||Principles of Economics|
|PMBA 505||Principles of Management|
|PMBA 510||Business Mathematics & Statistics|
|PMBA 530||Principles of Accounting & Finance|
An applicant must provide the following documents for admission:
- Original Bachelor's degree certificate or certified equivalent approved by the UAE Ministry of Education.
- Valid passport copy
- Four recent passport-size photographs (colored with white background) or in JPEG file format
- TOEFL/IELTS/EmSAT or equivalent certificate in original as stated under Admission Criteria.
- Pay non-refundable AED 1,800 for the enrollment fee (Admission/ID Card/Technology Fee).
Transfer students must also submit original transcripts from the university/college they are transferring from. In addition, transfer students must submit the course syllabus and course description for each course they seek to transfer for credit. Transfer students into a Master’s Program must have received at least a “B” or equivalent for any course they wish to transfer. Students will be informed of the course(s) eligible for transfer within 48 hours by the Graduate Programs Office.
Admission Guidelines for Transfer Students
UD approves, in principle, the admission of applicants transferring from other institutions of higher education. Such candidates are eligible for admission subject to the following conditions:
- The institution they are transferring from is recognized by the UAE MOHESR and uses the credit-hour system.
- Applicants transferring from other institutions must have earned a GPA of not less than 3.00 and may only be given transfer credit for courses which are equivalent to those offered by UD and in which they have received a minimum grade of B (equivalent to a GPA of 3.0 or 83-86%).
- If the transfer student has an academic warning (i.e., GPA is less than 3.0), he/she will be considered for conditional admission as a new student and not as a transfer student.
- Prior to their admission, transfer students will be informed in writing of transfer courses approved by the Dean of the College. The transfer courses will be accepted upon receipt of official transcripts.
- Transfer credits are entered on the student’s transcript and the student’s academic plan with a grade of “TC”. The transferred courses appear as credit hours (and are counted toward the degree) but no grade points are assigned; thus, they are not used in computing the student’s GPA.
- The maximum number of credits a student may transfer must not exceed 50% of the total number of hours required for graduation (i.e. 18 credit hours).
- Transferred courses must match at least 80% of the course content of UD courses.
- No credits will be granted twice for similar courses taken at different universities.
Admission Guidelines for Visiting Students/Auditors
A. Visiting Students
- Students must have passed all prerequisites for required subjects (original transcripts from the university in which the student is currently studying are to be provided).
- Students must provide a copy of their passport and four recent photos (JPEG format file).
- Students must fully adhere to UD regulations and rules, including attendance.
- Visiting students are not allowed to register for more than 18 credit hours and are only allowed to register for a total of two consecutive terms.
- A visiting student can be accepted as a regular student, provided he/she has complied with all UD admission requirements.
- A visiting student may register at any time during the registration period.
UD allows individuals interested in a particular course to attend classes as audit students. The following conditions apply:
- The candidate must show some evidence of the prerequisite knowledge required for auditing the course (he/she should meet the course instructor/Graduate Program Director to clarify this point and state the purpose for auditing the course).
- Students must provide a passport copy and four recent photographs (JPEG format file).
- Students must pay the regular course fee charged of visiting/short course students.
- The attendance policy is not mandatory.
- Homework assignments/examinations are not mandatory.
The applicant may apply for student visa only after getting admitted to the program and enroll as a Full Time student.
Student Visa is valid only for one year.
A student visa permits the student to work only as a part time after getting the needful approvals from the concerned authorities in the UAE.
The approval or rejection of the visa is under General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai. The visa process has no timing frame as it may take from two days up to two months, so we strongly recommend to submit your documents at least 2 months before the start of the term.
The Admission Office accepts applications throughout the year for the MBA program. There are 4 Terms per year for the MBA program which start in (September – January - April – July), students may join on any term.
Thank you for your interest in the University of Dubai. Please fill out this preliminary application form and one of our admission team will be in contact with you shortly. If you have any problems or questions completing the form, please contact us.